- Be sure to have Children's Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
- Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child's daily routine. We include our vitamins with breakfast!
- Let there be light! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
- Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
- Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer mans mold can quickly grow there.
- Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
- Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair. My son likes to shower both in the morning and in the evening!
- Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out the body.
- Peak pollen production typically occurs in the early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day. I knew there was a reason I love to sleep in!!
In addition to providing an excellent list of allergy avoiding tips, Claritin and KaBOOM! Imagination Playground program have teamed up to bring innovative playspaces to schools in need. Several schools in need of accessible playgrounds are being considered to win Imagination Playground equipment. Please take a moment to visit facebook.com/Claritin from now until 10/31 and cast your vote for one of 12 finalist schools!
As a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.